Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cleaning

This morning I tried to get Trey and Becks to help me clean the house. I had Becks wipe the baseboards with a damp cloth (I also gave Caeden a cloth so he could follow Beckham around) and had Trevor vacuum. They did really well for about the amount of minutes they are old - 1 1/2 for Caeden, 3 for Beckham and 6 for Trey. Seriously. After that I let them take a little break and then go back to it for a few minutes.

After getting the main living area more or less cleaned up, Trey said to me: "Mom, there's something you have to learn. There will always be something more to clean. You can just keep cleaning and cleaning and you'll never be done." Out of the mouths of babes.

Now Caeden is asleep and Trey and Becks are playing nicely together in the toy room (which hardly ever happens). I just heard them say "I love you. I love you too." Am I in the right house?

9 comments:

Bennett Family said...

that is CLASSIC! he's pretty smart!

Lindsay said...

It is so true...no matter how much you clean, a mother's work is never done. I love sweet moments when the kids are getting along!

Leslie Behunin said...

Trey's wisdom is way beyond his years!!! :)

lucy said...

too cute.

Jodee said...

You need a girl, I can't keep the cleaning supplies away from Madison!
I am glad Trey is trying to teach you a few things, he is way too smart for his own good!

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are writing these things down. Those sweet moments that sometimes seems so rare....You are such an incredible mom. I miss seeing you in action.

Scheris said...

I feel the same way, I CLEAN AND CLEAN AND CLEAN and there is always something more.. I have been waiting for the girls to realize that I am a maniac.. at that point, I might have to let them off the hook for a while and let them just play. My therapist reminded me I have to let them be kids. WHAT? Doesn't he know I only got married for the CINDERELLA's that came with? JUST KIDDING!!!! A good read.. Thank you.

Sam and Josh said...

What a smart kid. You have a cute bunch there.

Anna Karin said...

Too cute! Really - is that Trey and Bex? :)