On Friday we had some of his friends over for his party. He had a great time running around with the other boys.
We live next to a couple of lakes so we like to go and swim. We tried out a new sunscreen that is advertised as waterproof. Unfortunately for our whitey white son Trey, we found out the advertising was false. Marisa felt so bad that she made a lifelong promise to never use anything other than bullfrog on him. After three attempts we were finally able to hook up with our friends the Chapmans. The picture below is the 40 pounder club. All three kids weigh between 39 and 40 pounds and their ages (from L to R) are 6/2/4.
Last week Trevor had a girlfriend, it looks like this week it was Beckham's turn.
- we had lunch with some distant cousins of Marisa's family. Last time we hooked up with them it was fun back in 2002.
- Marisa (AKA - sugar momma) must have taught the following to Trevor because I know that I didn't. He had eaten some ice cream and then was going to get a couple of skittles. Before eating them he got a drink of water from the sink. Then he ate his skittles. I asked why he did that and he told me it resets your taste buds so you can taste the sugar in the skittles better. Good thing this family has a dentist in it...
- Trey really wanted a roboraptor when they came out. We didn't want to spend that much money on what we thought was a stupid toy. They updated that toy to the roboreptile, again $200 was way too much. Luckily Marisa found one for $30 so Trey had, "the best birthday ever!" after getting a long coveted toy.
- I did some severe damage to my right hand. Luckily I can still work, but it did make me consider raising my disability insurance. After going out to eat I was putting the boys in the car. Beckham started jumping in a puddle and then took off running in the parking lot when I told him to stop and come back. I ran after him, grabbed him mid-air as he jumped toward a new puddle, tried to stop on the edge of the water and my feet slipped out from under me. To protect us as I fell I stuck out my right hand. Unfortunately the bottom inside edge of my palm went from rib eye to hamburger, all the way to the muscle. Pictures would not be good to look at...
- I started a new blog for all my political/religious/otherwise over-the-top rants and raves. I decided the family blog didn't fit well so they have their own home now. Beware, those that are easily provoked to heated disagreement should shy away, but if you like to pontificate, philosophize or just be a silent onlooker feel free to come on over. The first post is my reasons why, future ones will be my thoughts and feelings on my sleeve.
- Trey's birthday was difficult for Beckham. He was jealous of all the attention Trevor was getting and wanted it to be his birthday as well. He found a birthday party supply catalog and picked out exactly what he wanted for his birthday. He tried to inform us every day after Trevor did his birthday countdown that that day was actually his birthday.
- After being scared of water Trevor became an official swimmer. He held his breath under water for 7+ seconds and swam a few feet all by himself. He was very proud and attributed it to being 6 years and 3 days old now.
- One benefit to being the second child is that Beckham learned to count from his older brother. He counted to 13 all by himself the other day and we really haven't worked with him on numbers more than 5 before. What a surprise that was.