Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy Summer

We have been very busy having too much fun so this post will mostly be a bullet list of what we have been doing. If you ask Trey, he will say that July is only about his birthday. Every morning in July he has told us how many days until his birthday. He turned 6 years old on Wednesday. We went as a family to Applebees to celebrate.

On Friday we had some of his friends over for his party. He had a great time running around with the other boys.

We live next to a couple of lakes so we like to go and swim. We tried out a new sunscreen that is advertised as waterproof. Unfortunately for our whitey white son Trey, we found out the advertising was false. Marisa felt so bad that she made a lifelong promise to never use anything other than bullfrog on him. After three attempts we were finally able to hook up with our friends the Chapmans. The picture below is the 40 pounder club. All three kids weigh between 39 and 40 pounds and their ages (from L to R) are 6/2/4.

Last week Trevor had a girlfriend, it looks like this week it was Beckham's turn.


  • we had lunch with some distant cousins of Marisa's family. Last time we hooked up with them it was fun back in 2002.
  • Marisa (AKA - sugar momma) must have taught the following to Trevor because I know that I didn't. He had eaten some ice cream and then was going to get a couple of skittles. Before eating them he got a drink of water from the sink. Then he ate his skittles. I asked why he did that and he told me it resets your taste buds so you can taste the sugar in the skittles better. Good thing this family has a dentist in it...
  • Trey really wanted a roboraptor when they came out. We didn't want to spend that much money on what we thought was a stupid toy. They updated that toy to the roboreptile, again $200 was way too much. Luckily Marisa found one for $30 so Trey had, "the best birthday ever!" after getting a long coveted toy.
  • I did some severe damage to my right hand. Luckily I can still work, but it did make me consider raising my disability insurance. After going out to eat I was putting the boys in the car. Beckham started jumping in a puddle and then took off running in the parking lot when I told him to stop and come back. I ran after him, grabbed him mid-air as he jumped toward a new puddle, tried to stop on the edge of the water and my feet slipped out from under me. To protect us as I fell I stuck out my right hand. Unfortunately the bottom inside edge of my palm went from rib eye to hamburger, all the way to the muscle. Pictures would not be good to look at...
  • I started a new blog for all my political/religious/otherwise over-the-top rants and raves. I decided the family blog didn't fit well so they have their own home now. Beware, those that are easily provoked to heated disagreement should shy away, but if you like to pontificate, philosophize or just be a silent onlooker feel free to come on over. The first post is my reasons why, future ones will be my thoughts and feelings on my sleeve.
  • Trey's birthday was difficult for Beckham. He was jealous of all the attention Trevor was getting and wanted it to be his birthday as well. He found a birthday party supply catalog and picked out exactly what he wanted for his birthday. He tried to inform us every day after Trevor did his birthday countdown that that day was actually his birthday.
  • After being scared of water Trevor became an official swimmer. He held his breath under water for 7+ seconds and swam a few feet all by himself. He was very proud and attributed it to being 6 years and 3 days old now.
  • One benefit to being the second child is that Beckham learned to count from his older brother. He counted to 13 all by himself the other day and we really haven't worked with him on numbers more than 5 before. What a surprise that was.

9 comments:

Seattle Jon said...

Hey guys. We're neighbors now. We should get together.

Jon & Cher
206-801-7406

Jodee said...

you guys are fast! Thanks for the fun times, it was great to FINALLY get to see you all! We hope to be back soon! Now you guys need to come out here and visit SF before it's too late!

Carson Calderwood said...

It looks like we will be there the end of September. We just have to get our plane tickets and we are committed.

Jodee said...

nice, I guess your right, "be careful what you ask for" JK, we can't wait! And I like the revision on the "other friends" section, much better!

Selena said...

Happy Birthday Trey! You are lucky you have such a bargain hunting mom...AND it wasn't just some random thing on sale, it was the thing you REALLY wanted!!! Everyone needs a mom like that!

foreveryoung said...

I guess I'll come out of the blog stalking closet and leave a comment on here too! You guys have such a cute family and you better take care of the Chapmans if they end up in your neck of the woods! :)

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Trey! Wow! Six years old! What a busy summer you guys are having! Hope the hand is getting better!

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. I can't believe Trey is 6 now. Time flys.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Happy Birthday Tre! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer.