Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bike Ride

You may remember from a previous post that I see elk frequently on my drive to work. That usually happens about 5-10 minutes from our house, but never right by our home. I went for a bike ride recently and saw some this time in our neighborhood. The picture below shows our development and where I saw the elk (the map is from google and taken a couple of years ago as they were building the houses). In the middle of the development there is a little road that goes off through thee trees and goes to what looks like a little golf course. They built two drainage ponds and made a trail for walking and biking. I went down there at dusk (which is 10pm here this time of year) and saw 4 elk, 2 deer, 1 rabbit, 6 ducks as I rode. The elk were just walking out of the trees coming from Ravensdale lake. I went back last night to see if I could see any and take some pictures, but with all the fireworks going off at someone's house for an early celebration I think they were too scared to come out to the ponds from the forest and I didn't see any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! That's one of the great joys of mt. biking-seeing all the wildlife. It sounds like you should start biking with your 270 on your back!