Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whoa, random thoughts!

Does this new background make our blog look like a myspace page? I don't think I want that. Speaking of myspace...the other day I was thinking that with all the popularity of blogging lately, they are kind of like the myspace for families.



Marisa and I got into a lengthy discussion about where the line is that you should try to balance between the two ends of the following spectrum...far left being: sell everything you own, move to Africa, spend the rest of your life in sackcloth and ashes helping only others and never doing anything to benefit yourself...and the far right being: spend all of your time and money on you and your family doing nothing for other people unless it in some way benefits yourself. We couldn't come to a good conclusion...what are your thoughts?

P.S. This is Marisa, I just uploaded some of my recent scrapbook pages to www.scraplove.com, you can view them at Scraplove.com

3 comments:

Jodee said...

So crazy, I think about this ALL the time!!!!! I have always had the desire to go to a third world country and make it all better. Ronnie and I really want to start a non profit group for people in Honduras. I think I lean to the left a little more than some people but still have that selfish need to take care of myself a bit. My opinion, since you asked, is that if you are not happy, you are not living your best life. So you just have to find that balance that makes you happy, provides what you need for your family to be happy, and not be selfish about it. Does that make any sense? Obviously I have thought so much about this but still haven't come to my own conclusion! Some days I want to be feeding orphans in Russia and other days I am complaining about how I have nothing to wear! Nice post, thanks for letting me vent!

Lindsay said...

Marissa:
Do you digital scrap? I love your pages!!

Lisa said...

Marisa,
Your pages are awesome! I'm glad I could benefit from your cute "baby" card! I have it out where I can use it as inspiration!