Saturday, July 14, 2007

Blogalicious part duece

Here is the promised picture of Caeden's teeth for my mother...not a good smile, but that is as good as we have for now.


Here are a couple pix of each boy to see how they compare at six months.



Bex at 6 months...





Trey at six months...


This is Beckham eating his favorite thing in the world..ice cream...and loving every second of it.



Marisa has really gotten into her flowers this year. She took a BUNCH of pictures so I thought she would like to have a few posted here.





Now to the blogalicious part. Many friends and family have started blogging over the past few months. I previously put all those w/ RSS feeds on my MY YAHOO home page so that I could see when they updated. That sometimes didn't show updates for a few hours to a couple days and it took a while to scan over them all to see which ones had new posts. As usual, someone created a program to do that for you. I searched around and the best free one that I found is Sharp Reader that you can download and check out here. It is nice and makes it easy to keep up an all the blogs.

Marisa and I often post to others people's blogs and they sometimes even comment-back to what we have said. I think the comment-back often gets missed because I don't frequently recheck comment sections once I have commented. Most blogs have a link to add an RSS feed for a specific post and all the comments that get added to it, but not all comments made to the blog. I found out a way to get the feed of ALL comments made to a blog. To do it you must do the following:

Look at the RSS feed for your blog. You can right click on the link near the bottom of the blog that says something like the following:

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

and then right click on "Posts (Atom)" and choose something like, "Copy link location." You can paste that somewhere and see what it is, mine is http://calderwood.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. Just change the word "posts" to the word "comments" and add that to whatever you use for your RSS feeds. My blog post feed is http://calderwood.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default. Now you will see all comments made to that specific blog. By the way, this only works with Blogger blogs, but 95% of the blogs out there are from Blogger. If you want to do it, but are having problems just shoot me an email.

8 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

What an adorable Baby!!!

Sam and Josh said...

Your kids are adorable.

KatieB said...

i have no idea what all that means!

Carson Calderwood said...

well Katie, your computer is on and you are on the internet so that is a start!

Chrissy said...

Look at those eyelashes on Caeden! Cute kiddos!

emily said...

so can you just hook that up for all of us carson... seems WAY above my head! em

emily said...

oh and by the way- i can pay you!!.... in 3 years.

lucy said...

Your babies are cute!! We're excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks!