Thursday, January 21, 2010

Caeden's birthday and other stuff

I guess before we have the baby I should post some of our other pix or I'll never get to it!

Caeden's third birthday was last Saturday the 9th. I was on partial bed rest so my mom came down to help with the party. We wanted to keep it really simple so we just invited the 3 kids he has playgroup with, Max, Sofie and Ashley. I love how easy parties can be for little kids. We did a treasure hunt with clues hidden around the house and the final treasure was in the bathroom sink, Caeden thought that was SO funny and keeps talking about it. I contributed by reading pirate stories:
We colored pirate pictures:
Here are all the kids pretending to be pirates... except for the girls, they weren't so into it.
Trey got a strange rash on his whole upper body that turned into hives. The doctor didn't know exactly what it was, so we just gave him allergy medicine and it went away.
And Caeden fell and got the biggest goose egg we've ever seen on any of our kids, and they hit their heads a lot! It filled up with blood within a couple of minutes and it stuck out so far from his forehead! Obviously it didn't hurt for long!
Hopefully soon we'll have pictures of baby Aspen to post! I'm trying to enjoy what might be the last few days of my last pregnancy, feeling the baby move and all that, but mostly I'm too miserable to enjoy it much! I've learned what it's really like to be an insomniac and I haven't eaten a real meal in a couple of weeks because my stomach is so squished I just feel gross all the time. I have restless leg syndrome and "pins and needles" in my lower legs and veins popping out on my upper legs... all new things for me. With that, frequent contractions, heartburn, headaches and congestion, when I wake up in the middle of the night I just can't get back to sleep. Plus I've been kind of anxious about the baby being premature, but it looks like the medicine and partial bed rest has worked well enough and I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and physically ready to go so my doctor said not to worry about it, I can have the baby anytime. Hopefully my body cooperates, I'd love to have the baby this weekend or next!

6 comments:

Erin said...

My 4th sounds much like yours...symptoms that I never ever had before and it makes me not want to go for #5. Good luck when the time comes!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am sorry you are so miserable. The last month is the worst. Good luck with the labor and delivery...I can't wait to see pictures. You are going to LOVE having a girl!!!! I am already so happy and excited for you and Carson.

Jodee said...

WOW! I can't even believe he is 3! And that goose egg and rash seem miserable. Glad they are both better. Hang in there Risa, is't almost over!!! Maybe she is just preparing you for less sleep when she gets here ;) We can't wait to meet little Aspen! I hope it's soon!

Russell said...

That is the biggest goose egg I have ever seen!! GO CAEDEN!!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Can't wait to hear the news and see pics of our beautiful little girl!! I had RLS with Kelsi too towards the end. YUCK! Sending good thoughts your way!

Trixie said...

That bump is record breaking! Your family is lovely!