Friday, February 22, 2008

What to do?

Now that the house is sold, all the decisions made for the new home, done evaluating the business floor plan and potential partnership, no more keeping the house immaculate for people to see it, no need to worry about any last minute touch up or repairs, we don't have more to do than time available. Last night was really weird to have that feeling for the first time in a few weeks. It was kind of like when you get home off your mission and after so long of going 100% you all the sudden have that behind you and are free.

There are so many reasons why we will be glad to move into the new home, but Marisa will be sad to leave her Dutch bulbs behind. We won't have any this year because we will have missed the planting time when we move. Spring comes very early in the PNW. This is a picture Risa took yesterday for her photo project she is doing with some friends. She is joining late so she has to play catchup and take a lot of pix.


The boys had this week off of school for mid-winter break. They went to the science center yesterday where Trey had some butterflies land on him. Beckham was very scared of the butterflies for some reason, you know...those dangerous butterflies!
Caeden played his first game of back yard soccer now that he can walk and it is getting warmer out side.

On a side note: Marisa mentioned that I should update all the names on the sidebar. Although I think the risk is less than going to the park, I understand the fear. So the change has been made. :)

12 comments:

Jodee said...

Just relax while you can. I am sure you will have plenty to do when you start to move; pack, unpack, decorate, organize, blah blah blah!
Oh, and could the ever so talented, beautiful, and smart Marisa give me a few pointers in the gardening area, my thumb is so not green!

Wendy said...

Enjoy it while you can!

Marisa said...

Jodee, that was very flattering but I'm not sure I'm such a great gardener! I have killed way too many plants in the past couple of years (mostly I forget to water)! I'll have to post later this summer when I order from Netherland Bulb, you have to order in bulk so I'll try to get a big group and we can get some great discounts on really good bulbs that make you look like an awesome gardener :)

Jodee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I totally know how you feel. This past year has been pretty crazy for us too, and we are finally getting back some of our lazy days of the past.

I wish I could see some tale tell signs of spring here.

And, good idea about the name change...I think I will do the same. Just in case!

The Hunsakers said...

Your post reminded me of a Brian Regan comedy routine about butterflies. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out at comedy central. It is extremely funny!

Eric said...

Carson, congrats on the accomplishments. I guess you deserved the year off from fantasy bball. We expect you back next year. It was snowy and cold today so I spent the day catching up on Dentaltown. It made me nervous to leave the comforts of residency and have to make real decisions. Did you make a decision on a partnership? Good luck on all of the transitions.

Carson Calderwood said...

My landlord offered me 1 yr free rent and the extra space exactly as I wanted it if I stayed and I couldn't turn it down.

emily said...

congrats on the house- and everything else. can't believe caeden can walk! i'm still getting used to the idea that you have 2 kids! oh, and maybe i can hire you to plant me a nice little garden when we head that way!??

foreveryoung said...

Congrats on selling your house, I hope you're not planning on moving too far away from the Chapmans--I need somebody to keep on eye on Jodee for me! :)

Zappe Family said...

Congrats! When are you going to post all your pics for the photo group, Marisa? Loved your outfit at church!

Rachel said...

So what is this photo group all about? Sounds fun! By the way, what kind of camera do you have? Been doing any editing lately Carson? What are your ideas with documenting videos of the kids?