Monday, April 21, 2008

OCD

My Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has been in full swing lately keeping me up late and from doing anything else until I get something done each night for the unpacking. We are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel as we have finished all the major items and started to put a few things up in the attic. We love being in the new house and the boys have done a pretty good job so far of not destroying it!

The weather has been crazy. We had some normal warm Seattle spring days, then on Friday Seattle set a record low. Here are some pix we took while it was nice outside.






Our move was during a snow fall that left us in 4" of snow and despite growing up in Utah I saw the largest falling snowflakes of my life!
Beck ran into one of the columns in our house and has a sweet reminder to not be crazy and run around the house...

We went to the Puyallup spring fair so that we could go to the demolition derby with our friends the Chapmans. I have always wanted to go to one so it was nice to check that off my "things to do before I die" list. We froze to death but still had a lot of fun.



Besides the finale of the demolition derby there were some crazy things like a car rolling contest. The cars used a ramp to see how many times they could get their cars to roll. The winner rolled 4 times! Needless to say the boys were very involved in watching this show. They also had races where the cars could hit each other as much as they wanted and the final demo was crazy! If you have never been it is more intense than you might think. We kept trying to get pictures of Jodee's shocked face while the different crazy events were going on, but my cheap little camera that we took was too slow.


14 comments:

lucy said...

fun you guys!

Jodee said...

Hooray for cheap little cameras! Just remember, I still have THAT picture- you know the one Carson! Sadly, I am sure you have many more of my oh so photogenic self! We had a great night, despite the freezing cold! Ronnie and I were talking on the way home about how we could do just about anything and go just about anywhere with you guys and still have a blast together! Even to a WT demo derby!

satcy said...

Hope Beckham is feeling better, ouch! I guess I should have warned you the house can be dangerous. Careful when you dust and get pledge on the floor. We've all taken a tumble, including Aaron and myself. We just don't recover as quickly. Preston almost had to get stitches in his chin for falling and hitting the bannister. Scared me to death. The floor does make for some fun sliding competitions though. Glad you are getting settled.

Melissa said...

I love the demo. derby! So much fun and so much craziness!

Noelle said...

Marisa, it's great to see that you guys are doing well, your boys are so cute. You may be jealous that i'm having a girl but I'm sure Russ is jealous of your 3 boys. He's paranoid that he'll end up with 6 girls, like my dad.

Bennett Family said...

marisa, that picture of caeden at the park turned out SO CUTE! you need to post it on your photo blog! :)

Sam and Josh said...

We are getting ready to move in three weeks and I know how it goes. I am not looking forward to it, but atleast I can throw a lot of unwanted stuff away.

Shelley said...

I totally want to do the demo derby with my kids too, especially Evan. He would go nuts over that! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. Good luck finishing unpacking. I hate moving with a passion!

Lisa said...

Looks like you have being having fun! We can't wait to see your new house all decorated someday. Unfortunately that "someday" won't be as soon as we thought it would be. I like the new blog background btw.

emily said...

glad to see you guys are settling in. we saw one of those demolition derby things this past summer- we should have gotten there earlier to get a better seat. it's quite the event!

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

fun to you guys, (in pictures) glad we finally got on the ball and started a blog. your kids are all so cute! aslo i love the picutres of your house, it looks sooo nice.

Anonymous said...

After reading about you going to the derby It reminded me that you didn't go with us the couple of times we went. It was when you were on your mission. We enjoyed it. I'm sure the boys will think now they can do those things on their bikes.
Love Grandma Calderwood

Anonymous said...

Sorry about giving you that ocd. Sometimes it's good, but you have to take care of yourself. I know what it does, you can't go to sleep cause of thinking of all you want and need to do. So why not just get up. Kind of like me right now.
Love Mom

Shalyn & Joe said...

The derby sounds like fun! I still need to come over and see your beautiful new home...