Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Baby #4

Here are the first pictures of our new little peanut - I'm 12 1/2 weeks and these were taken about 3 weeks ago so hopefully the baby now looks a little less like an alien! Sorry they're upside down, but I've been meaning to post this for a while now and I don't want to wait until Carson gets home to do it, especially since I'm not feeling too sick right now which doesn't happen very often lately! So if I look a little tired or fat in any of the upcoming pictures, now you know why. That's also my excuse for not blogging, calling people back, or generally being on top of things lately, but I have read a few good books if you need any recommendations! I think the kids are getting tired of me being sick, it's been about 2 1/2 months now, since I was sick RIGHT from the beginning. Ugh. Hopefully I'll feel better soon, but last time I was sick until 19 weeks so we'll see. So far the best things I've found to manage the morning sickness are protein shakes and Mtn. Dew. I also have some Zofran which works for a few hours but has such horrible side effects that it's not often worth it. The baby's due February 20th and we'll probably find out in October whether it's a girl or boy. The kids are super excited and convinced it's a girl (hopefully they won't be disappointed!) and Caeden says he has a baby in his belly too. One really fun thing is that no fewer than FOUR of my friends in my ward are due within a month on either side of me, so I have plenty of girls to complain and compare remedies with and meet at the park in our sweats with no makeup to let our other kids get their energy out.

6 comments:

lucy said...

yay, congrats! That first part of pregnancy scares me away. I hate the fact that my kids get neglected. Although they hardly need me now compared to in years before. I'm glad you're feeling "normal" (I read on fb). Hopefully it sticks.

Lettie B. said...

Yay! Sorry you are sick - but any reason to drink Mountain Dew is a good one! Alexander is a 2/20 baby, so that's a good due date. :)
I'm super excited for you and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Selena said...

Congrats! I hope you are feeling better soon, it's no fun to feel icky with kids running around you! Here's hoping the next few weeks speed by... =)

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon. I am also hoping you get your girl. I had Kate in February...only six more months to go!

kelsey said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Deon said...

Yay!! We are so happy for you. Take care - hope you feel much better soon.