Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Point Defiance Zoo

About a month ago we went to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma with some of our friends. We had never been there before, except for Beckham, who went last year with Aunt Hillary. It was a beautiful day but HOT and all the pregnant moms pushing strollers were so tired by the end of it! There was a splash pad:
Playground:
Including a spinning toy that made me sick just to look at:
Of course there were animals:
And a beautiful view!
At the end we discovered a free carousel and Caeden was thrilled:
Beckham was super happy to find a wolf:
And Trey... thought it was a little young for him
This is how Caeden looked by the time we got to the car:
The only scary thing was that we lost Caeden for a couple of minutes... he had been sitting with his brothers watching a demonstration on frogs while I finished up lunch and then I took the stroller on the path to where they were, and while I was out of sight for just a few seconds he decided to come up the stairs to find me... and we missed each other. When I saw Beckham and Trey sitting alone I asked where Caeden was and they said he just went to get me but when we ran back to the grass where we'd been eating lunch he wasn't there. We quickly spread out and ran around the area looking for him, and my friend Lynette went to talk to a security guard and overheard on his radio that someone had dropped off a little boy at the gift shop. She waved me over and I ran up to the gift shop to find a happy Caeden with another mom and some zoo employees. The other mom said he was walking around saying "Mommy, where are you?" in his cute little voice. The gift shop people gave him a little toy shark, although he didn't really need it because he wasn't even crying. Later I tried to tell him how important it was to stay right by us so he didn't get lost again. He thought about it for a second and said "I get another shark?" I always say it takes my kids much more than once to learn a lesson!








1 comment:

debi said...

I got lost there too, but I am 38 and was the one in charge. No one gave me a shark, sadly.