Thursday, September 10, 2009

Butterflies and Bunnies

I just remembered something Trey said a couple of weeks ago that I meant to blog about, but I was waiting for Carson to help me put the song on here with the story. With his parents coming tonight, Trey's baptism on Saturday and then off to Cancun Sunday night I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, so here's the story:

We went out to ice cream for FHE and were all sitting there eating when Trey suddenly said "It's not true what they say - 'Girls don't like boys, girls like butterflies and bunnies.' Because tons of girls at my school really like me."

We tried to stifle our laughter at both his mix-up of words and his confidence, and I asked "Where did you hear that girls like butterflies and bunnies?" He started to sing the Good Charlotte song "Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money" - but with butterflies and bunnies! It was so stinking funny that we almost didn't have the heart to break it to him that it really says cars and money, but we thought we'd better tell him so he doesn't say it to one of his friends and get made fun of. He had a good laugh about it when he realized how he'd heard it wrong. I guess he takes after his dad's ability to recall lyrics!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

lol that is too funny! and wow what a weekend you have coming up! and cancun? I wish I was going

debi said...

He is right. Girls pretty much just like boys.

Deon said...

Love it. Baptism?? Holy cow. He is not that old, sorry.

Bennett Family said...

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!