Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby Aspen

We posted it on Facebook and have been talking about it with everyone, but haven't put it here on the blog yet...we are having a baby girl! At least that is what they tell us. After 3 boys it is hard to believe. First off, we can't imagine what having a girl will be like. Secondly, after three ultrasounds that were all boys, it is hard to feel confident without such a defining characteristic.




Those of you that have girls, how do these compare to your ultrasound? Is this supposed to be obvious?



Since day one, we planned on naming Trey, Aspen if he were a girl. We've kicked around a few others including my favorite Brighton, and Marisa's favorite Paisley. We would like to give our girl a middle name, but are not set on that yet. One we have always liked is Roxcy or Roxy, but not sure if that will stick. It comes from two sources. Roxcy is Eliza R Snow's middle name and she is one of our favorite people from LDS history. Second, Roxy has always been a part of Marisa's email name since we got married.




18 comments:

Nanci said...

Congratulations! The very last girl ultrasound looks just like our pics. No worries, it is definitely a girl!

Ashley said...

congrats guys. Maybe our #4 will be a boy (when and if there is a # 4).

Billy and Nathalie said...

Congratulations! That's a very exciting news!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you!!! You will love having a girl. I remember having very similar feelings just over a year ago when my ultra sound indicated a girl too. The picture is obvious but not in the way you are use to seeing. Does that make sense? When we saw Katelyn's stuff on the ultra sound I couldn't see the boy parts so I figured I better trust the tech. I had my doctor reconfirm that it was a girl a month later. The name Aspen is darling. If Jackson would have been a girl, we would have named her Katelyn...funny how after 8 years and lots of other girl names we went with our first favorite. I am glad you are getting your girl. You will love it!

Zappe Family said...

Congrats! We hadn't heard yet! That's super exciting! BTW...I LOVE the name Aspen! I had my brother convinced to name his latest girl Aspen, but in the end, they went with a different name. So...I'm happy you're using it. I think it's BEAUTIFUL! All I can say is that she's going to be a tough girl with 3 rough and tumble older brothers!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations on a girl! I go to the same office and their ultrasound techs are great. Girls are not as obvious as boys. They told me to look for the hamburger not the hotdog... LOVE the name Aspen, and of course I'm partial to Paisley.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

3 dots = girl!!

Unknown said...

Yay! You will soooo love having a little girl. She'll be so lucky to have 3 big brothers too.

Unknown said...

congrats on the girl! I knew it would be a girl this go around! I love the name aspen! and she looks like a girl to me!

Lucy said...

I vote for Paisley. It's super cute and I've never heard any girls called that.

Russell said...

Congrats!!! I thought you could only have boys! The Ultra sounds are definatley a girl. No dobt about it. You can see the girl parts rather than boy parts.

Lisa said...

She's definitely a girl! Congrats again. I'll save the cute dresses you gave me for Aubrey, Marisa. That way your daughter will be able to wear them just like you originally intended!

Skyler said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are great boy parents, but I can't wait to see you with a girl. She is so lucky.

Craig and Erin said...

Nice Work guys! We knew you had it in ya! Isn't it a great feeling to get a girl after all these boys! We know the feeling-a boy after all these girls! Fun times!

KatieB said...

this gives chad hope. congrats!

Bennett Family said...

i vote for paisley! but you can't go wrong w/any of your choices. :)

Erin said...

How very exciting...girls are great!

Jodee said...

I am glad you decided to go with Aspen (at least for now...) It would be strange to have it any other way. I kinda like Aspen Paisley Calderwood...