Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New lens

I've been wanting to get a better portrait lens for a long time.  I had the Canon 50 mm 1/1.8 II that was good, but knew I wasn't getting quite the bokeh effect that I wanted.  I had a hard time deciding between the 50 mm 1/1.2 and the 85 mm 1/1.2 that I got.  As soon as I got it I took some pix around the house and outside.  The depth of field wasn't as hard to work with as I feared. 


Here you can see the awesome aperture in action!

Here was my first try at getting the face in focus despite the shallow DOF.

Not everyone is as happy as I am to have the new lens!


In the next couple of shots you can see how it is a pretty fast lens and works well in action photography as well.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

would look better with a Nikon

Vicki said...

So fun getting a new lens! Great first pics with it

Kate & Jack's Mama said...

That's one handsome dog!

Carson Calderwood said...

Carrie, you should have seen the dog's owners!

Marisa said...

Dude I am fine with your new lens, I don't know why you posted that ugly picture of me!! I didn't know it would take such good pictures from far away and in motion, those look great!