Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas letter

If you are wondering if we cut you off our Christmas list this year............. don't worry ;)

We had our letter written and ready to print but we lost power for a few days with that bad wind storm that blew through here last week. With the billions of trees here in Seattle the powerlines couldn't handle it. I drove over four of them before I got half way to work last Friday.

Anyway, I shut our computer off before the storm to avoid any problems, but when we turned it back on it had a corrupt registry file. That, unfortunately, means that I have to reinstall windows and lose all data not backed up. The good news is that I usually back up everything to our old computer's hard drive over the network every Saturday so I didn't lose too much, but I did lose the Christmas letter. So, today we will write the second version, probably not as good as the original, and try to get it in the mail soon so that it will arrive before Christmas.

We have a quick fun story about the storm that is similar to the crazy Black Friday shopping rage incidents that we saw. I went to home depot Friday morning to get a generator after finding that work didn't have any power either. There was a big line of people and two generators left. I asked what was going on and the last guy in line said they were waiting for the manager to bring some bigger ones out from the back. He and I decided to get the last two anyway. As I finished putting it on my push cart the manager came out and said those were the last two in the store! I turned and headed for the cash register before anyone started any trouble.

No comments: