Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Feed the addiction

I have an xbox 360 and use it more as a Tivo or game console when I get together with other guys in the neighborhood than a game console for myself. I have never played much home alone. Trey has really gotten into downloading the free trials and playing them lately. One trial that we really have liked is Carcassonne. It is similar to Settlers, but better for playing on a console because I have tried the Settlers trial as well and didn't like it as much as the board version. Risa, Trey and I all like the trial of this game so much we paid to upgrade to the full version and play it as a family. (BTW, that makes me feel a little old to be playing games with my kids on the xbox.) For some reason I have become addicted to this game. Out of 20 something thousand I have managed to be ranked about 700 in the world and still climbing. One great thing about the xbox is that I can stream all my music from the computer and play it while I am playing the game. Here are some screen shots of the game.



Speaking of music, here is my updated list of latest songs that I have downloaded:

Name Artist
The Great Escape Boys Like Girls
Bubbly Colbie Caillat
Wait For You Elliott Yamin
Stronger Kanye West Ft. Daft Punk
If Everyone Cared Nickelback
Apologize One Republic
Hey There Delilah Plain White T's
Shut Up And Drive Rihanna
The Way I Are Timberland
Acceptable In The 80's Calvin Harris
All Good Things Come To An End Nelly Furtado
All This Love The Similou
Another Chance (Full Mix) Roger Sanchez
Because Of You Ne-Yo
Big Girls Don't Cry Fergie
Stranger Hilary Duff
Sugar, We're Going Down Swinging Fall Out Boy
Thanks For The Memories Fall Out Boy
Umbrella (Remix) Rihanna Ft. Jay-Z

This song list is shorter so it shouldn't be so overwhelming as the last one.

Edit: I should add two things, the Kanye West song is my strong favorite right now, and it is the edited version, so fresh and so clean!

4 comments:

Jodee said...

I love Colbie Caillat, have you heard 'Realize'? It's pretty good too.
And I think Ronnie will be impressed to know he has played with a world ranked master of Carcassonne!

Carson Calderwood said...

If I remember right he beat me once as well.

KatieB said...

it takes a brave man to put Fergie and Hillary Duff on a playlist posted on the internet for all his friends to see :)... it's Timbaland, by the way. we have the board version of carcassonne. i didn't know those kinds of games came on xboxes. don't tell chad.

Bob B said...

Anna and I love playing Settlers and play it with friends once a month. I immediately downloaded the Xbox360 version of Settlers, I played it once and haven't played it since. Its a little slow...

We'll have to try this game too. I recommend Bomberman on Live. Its pretty fun. :)