Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweetie

Today Marisa turned 28! Here is a picture she took of a flower in her garden this spring. I'm so glad to have her as my wife and the mother of our children. I have never met another person on this planet that is more perfect for me, and I mean that literally. I am amazed at how hard she works at being a mother despite all the frustrations that our three boys can create for her. She is the kindest person I know. If there is ever a situation where she has to choose between good for her or someone else she always quietly chooses good for the other person, even if her loss is greater than the other's good. My whole youth I wondered if I could ever find someone with all the things I wanted in a future wife. To my surprise I found a Hinckley Scholar that was amazingly beautiful. Very spiritual, yet able to be a little punk and dance until 2 am with sparkles on her eyes and pink in her hair! We love you Marisa...your boys...Carson, Trevor, Beckham and Caeden.


This is us 7 years ago before children.

PS - here are the results of our personality test we took tonight on reference from Niki's blog.

a

9 comments:

Ronnie said...

Happy Birthday Marisa! I hope your boys took good care of you.

Bennett Family said...

YEAH!!! good work carson, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY marissa! i am so grateful for your friendship. ditto to everything carson said. you are a great example to me. a good cook, a good wife, and a caring, loving PATIENT mom! you're awesome. i can't wait to be neighbors! lets get together and celebrate SOON! i have a little something for you as well! c you soon!
nik

Bennett Family said...

by the way....who is who? strawberry v. vanilla? you're both too darn sweet is all i have to say! (haha)

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Risa!! Thanks for being an awesome sister-in-law and for taking care of my big bro! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I can still remember the first time I met you when you came to our house for Thanksgiving. You brought my mom very beautifull roses for her b-day and I remember thinking "what a nice girl" and that was about it. Oh, and that you were too goodlooking for my bro. (Carson you are getting better and better looking with age and you were a handsome dude. Just not as pretty as your wife.But I'm just your sister) I will see you in a few days and I am looking forward to spending far too much money on our shopping spree. Luv ya oodles!

emily said...

happy birthday marisa!

Carson Calderwood said...

Isn't it obvious? J/K Marisa is Vanilla, but that may be more aspirational than actual.

Jodee said...

Happy birthday Marisa! You are an amazing friend, mother, and wife.

I too took that test a while ago and I am came out strawberry! Funny, I wonder if Ronnie would be Vanilla?

Leslie Behunin said...

Happy Birthday Marisa!!!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful day!