Sunday, September 16, 2007

Probably the last weekend of summer

Beckham gets tired of his paparazzi parents...
I have a really cute 26 y.o. sister that is....


Here is the lot of our new house just after doing the foundation and back filling.

Here is a view of the whole thing from the far corner of the lot
Bex enjoying his post game treat!
Trey collecting shells and rocks on the Sound.
We took a ferry ride on the sound and ran into Emily Price and Cherilee Anderton, our friends from Baltimore (sorry, we don't have pictures yet but I'll post a link if they post them on their blogs - Update: click on their name for their post)

Video of Beckham's first soccer game - he is #4 with the blue shorts.



There are many times that Trey will say something very grown up or state an obscure fact and we will be like, "Where did you learn that?" Its funny when his response is, "From watching cartoons." We had another one of those moments today. On the ride back from a beach on the Puget Sound we had the following conversation:
Trey - "Dad, can we make a dot-com?"
Me - "A dot-com?....oh, yeah, but we already have one for the family."
Trey - "Yeah, but can we make another."
Me - "Sure, what do you want to put on it?"
Trey - "Stuff about Chinese Crocodiles"
Me - "What stuff?"
Trey - "Well, there aren't many of them in China anymore so we have to get information out to the people so we can help save them."
Me - "Wow, where did you learn that?......


And finally, I passed out for the first time ever in my life! When I wrestled in high school I almost passed out many, many times. I would get up too quickly from the mat and the darkness would close around me leaving just one circle of light in each eye that I would fight to not let it close completely. I always won that battle. I even purposely tried to pass out once. When I was in middle school there was this "game" going around where you would breathe real hard then have someone push on your jugulars to make you pass out...great fun right? I could only get myself to try once and it didn't work. Anyway, on Friday night I had been coughing a lot due to a sore throat. I all of the sudden had an excess of mucous in the back of my throat so I hopped out of bed to go spit it in the sink. On the way I (sorry) hacked it from the back to the front to get rid of it. That made a lot of pressure go to my head. That coupled with the standing up too quickly (orthostatic hyp-O-tension thnx Cody) made me pass out and hit my head on the tub. It was kind of surreal and I was actually so amazed that I passed out that I didn't even care about the sore head. Pretty crazy!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing Beckham play. It was so cute watching kick the ball, (not being hit with the ball).He looks so grown up. I told you Trevor was smart. Maybe you can record his game too. Take a picture of Caeden for us.

Anonymous said...

Trevor may be smart, but his memory isn't perfect. He learned about Chinese Crocodiles from a book he got from the library. I read it to him. Although the pictures were drawn, so I guess you could say he was watching cartoons ...

Anonymous said...

Carson, you suffered from orthostatic HYPOtension, meaning not enough pressure to get the blood to your brain. Did Dr. Bennett not teach you a thing? I like the header from Beckham, intentional or not. Pretty funny stuff.

Bennett Family said...

okay that video is FREAKING HILLARIOUS!!! i'm talkin' american's funniest home videos hillarious...seriously, especially the falling part!!!

can't wait to be neighbors!

Jodee said...

That is the best video! Gotta love that beehive ball! He should play pro basketball with all those dramatic falls!
How exciting that your house is starting to go up. I know it's been a lot of work and frustrations but I think you will LOVE it when it's all done!
I remember that passing out game, I could never manage to get the courage (or be dumb enough) to try it. Be careful, no more jumping up fast, your getting too old for that! =)

Zappe Family said...

Congrats on your new home being built! When do they have it scheduled to finish? That's awesome!

Wendy said...

The video is hilarious! Loved it!

Jolley Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Behunin said...

That video was awesome! It looked like Beckham was having the time of his life. I'm also impressed with Trevor wanting to take on the chinese crocodile cause! What a big heart! :)

KatieB said...

i didn't know you guys bought a house. did i miss a post? don't you own the house you're in? where have i been?

Sarah J. said...

Jake and I laughed SO hard watching that video- we had to watch it twice it was so hilarious. Seriously... that needs to be sent to Funniest Home Videos. Thanks for the gut-wrenching laugh. We needed it!

Carson Calderwood said...

No Katie, we just never officially posted it, but b/c of your inspirational comments we now officially have!

Chuck Gates said...

After reading these comments, I decided to wait to watch the video with Ashley. Hilarious!

Then I realized that he is only a few months older than Leland. So after months of us just playing soccer in the yard and living room, I took her over to watch the women's team practice today. She loved it and tomorrow we are going to their game.

Leland also impressed the girls by shooting goals with her own pink size 1 official soccer ball. Tell Bex, he was an inspiration for the next Mia Hamm.

Carson Calderwood said...

Are you opposed to an arranged marraige with Leland? If not, lets do it.