Saturday, November 17, 2007

He's a Mo'


I always enjoy coming to like a person and then find out they are a Mo' like me. This happened a couple of years ago with Glenn Beck. I started watching him and liked his fresh, tell it as it is take on the world. After a couple of months I found out he was LDS.

This happened again with one of my favorite techno artists. Kaskade! I saw something that said he found his motivation and love for music while in SLC...what! Who finds their love of techno and makes a mark for themselves via SLC? That obviously piqued my interest so I did as I always do...I googled it, and sho'nuff, he is a Mo'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! The Kaskade song 'Be Still' is one of my favorites. Very cool. It's been played many times on my itunes in the last few months. Good find.

Anonymous said...

ps-finding out that he's mormon explains my first reaction to hearing the lyrics of his song Be Still. I initially thought, "hey, that's awfully similar to the LDS hymn, 'Be still my soul'" It all makes sense now. By the way, anyone that hasn't heard his song and likes dance/techno is really missing out.

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was the quite influence of a loving father and mentor in the broad & wonderful world of music.
M.C.