Monday, September 15, 2008

FroYo


Our friend Jodee got us hooked on frozen yogurt and our local version of it, Red Mango. Being cheap like most of you are...c'mon admit it...we wanted to make our own version at home in our ice cream maker. I did a lot of googling to find a recipe which I couldn't. Fortunately Red Mango posts their ingredients online and at the store. We listed them out, used our science nerd skills obtained in college, broke the ingredients down into binders, tanginess ingredients, etc. and compared this to regular yogurt. We came up with our own recipe take 1. It was good, but not exactly the same. If you try it out and get something closer let us know.

Trial #1
8 c nonfat yogurt
2 c sugar
1 c powdered milk
2.5 tsp citric acid



5 comments:

Brian said...

Frugal, not "cheap." I love Red Mango. I actually take it in to a lot of the offices I visit and get them hooked on it as well. I am going to try it out at home. Thanks.

Jodee said...

I love how handy your nerd skills are! You know I will be your biggest fan when you perfect that recipe!

Shalyn & Joe said...

I LOVE RED MANGO!!!! I can't wait to try this recipe . . .thx

Melanie said...

yummy! I need you to make this for us, we will drive to you. We still remember the blackberry sorbet!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

We will have to try this one out!