Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm a proud father


Last night Bex grabbed a pen and note pad while we were sitting down for dinner. That was a little weird because we're used to fighting w/ Trey to get him to stop drawing or being creative in some way, but not Bex. After asking him to put it away a couple times he said, "Wait, I'm writing BYU." What! This kid can't draw a single letter let alone a word. He can't even draw a face like most kids his age. He is all about sports not art...then I looked at what he drew. He really had made his first letter B, his first letter Y and his first letter U. He drew it Davinci style - backwards, but hey, for your first word, skipping over learning letters we were impressed!

Maybe it is because BYU isn't really a word and there is a lot of the following around our house. Needless to say, I was pretty happy. The irony though is that he was wearing a U of U shirt while doing it. I know, I know, how could I even allow my child to wear that shirt when I myself only own one red shirt, that was given to me, and I really never wear that? I guess growing up a U fan, converting as a senior in high school to the correct team after "seeing the light" and liking to be antibandwagon...I don't mind keeping the little red shirt around that my brother gave Trey a few years ago when he was attending the U.

What happens at the Y


What happens at the U


Answered Prayer


Still Open!


6 comments:

Melanie said...

he's a little Einstein! Once my kids taught some U fans a BYU chant and their dad threatened to never let them come play again, of course that didn't last! But is was so dang funny!

Anonymous said...

Burn it Burn it sacrifice the U Shirts to a good cause. Use them for fire starter at the next camp out. Hurry. That kid is a little genious.

Bob B said...

That is awesome. Though I don't mind cheering for the utes as long as they aren't playing BYU. Beating OSU next week will mean more after last night.

Brian said...

I bleed red. I love the Utes. But those were some great plays from the Y. Even though those losses hurt it is fun to watch them again. Bronco does a great job. I wish we could have him in Salt Lake. If you get a chance listen to his interview with Jim Rome. He did an aweosme job.

Zappe Family said...

Great clips! Totally love Beck's writing skills...you've trained him well. :) Lovin' the Y! And...yes...burn that U shirt!

Collings said...

you know...I really liked you and yours and thought that maybe our kids could really be friends. Nope...I am going to put in the request tomorrow to have Eden removed from T's class. How can we be associated with people that brainwash their children with such things. ha ha ha