Monday, March 03, 2008

Free Phone Navigator

Marisa and I have built up an image of getting lots of things for free amongst a few of our friends that know us well. Here is a new one that I like and an oldie, but a goody.


We have one GPS navigator, but sometimes Marisa will have it when I am in the other car and I wish I had it as well. I found a free service that will give you directions via text message to your cell phone. Try it out, you just pay for text messages (ten cents with verizon) if you don't already get them for free.

Also, we frequently use 1-800-free-411 to get a phone number or address for free when we are out and about. You have to listen to a 30 second commercial, but well worth it when you are in a pinch on the road and don't have internet access on your phone.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I'll have to give it a try. What else have you gotten for free?

Carson Calderwood said...

Most of it has to do w/ software/technology. Name any software and I can usually find a free version of it, and a legal free version I should add. They are great if you are willing to deal with the differences in the main and the free one.

Marisa is known for deep discounts rather than getting stuff for free. We are so tainted now that I can't bring myself to pay full price for things like clothes.

emily said...

carson- just curious, does your navigator have audio, or just visual? my dad has a 'tom-tom' that has audio- after seeing it in action, that's definitely on my list... in a few years. em

Carson Calderwood said...

Yep, audio as well. We love it and couldn't live without it sometimes.

Jodee said...

Now that's the Claderwoods we know and love!
Thanks for the tip!

Melissa said...

The navigation came in very handy in Portland--glad Marisa had it! You can also text googl on your phone to get a number and address when your driving around--we use it all the time and it has worked great!

Allen Family said...

Hey Carson and Marisa,
You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the details. :)