Sunday, March 09, 2008

Tagged

I thought I would never get tagged. It seems everyone has been doing it on their blog and I figured the reason no one ever tags me is because they know I'm such a slacker with those things that I would never do it! I don't think I have ever returned an email survey, I just never make the time to do it. But I really enjoy reading all of yours so I guess it's time to return the favor!

A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

The questions:
10 years ago:
5 things on my to-do list today:
5 Snacks I enjoy:
What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
3 of my bad habits:
5 places I have lived:
5 jobs that I have had:
5 Things people don't know about me:

Here's all you never wanted to know:

10 years ago:
I was a senior in high school, anxious to go to BYU and definitely not expecting to be engaged within a year!!!

5 things on my to-do list today:
It's Sunday so today is pretty easy...
1) Play with the kids
2) Sweep the floor
3) Choir Practice
4) Maybe scrap before I have to box it all up
5) Try crockpot chicken enchiladas for dinner

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1) Popcorn
2) Grapes
3) Chocolate soymilk
4) Cashews
5) Lest I sound like I eat healthy all the time, I love sugar candy like Nerds, Gobstoppers, Swedish Fish, etc.

What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
1) Pay off our student loans, the house and Carson's practice
2) Buy my parents a house on a river and Carson's parents a ranch in the Cle Elum area
3) Open a kid-friendly cafe with healthy organic food that's fun for kids and super yummy for adults and a big playland that's sanitized daily
4) Hire a personal chef, gardener and housecleaner, at least while the kids are young, so I have more time with them
5) Adopt girls from foreign orphanages.

3 of my bad habits:
1) Procrastination!
2) I talk too much and listen too little
3) Spending too much money on scrapbook supplies

5 places I have lived:
1) Provo, UT
2) Renton, WA
3) Bellevue, WA
4) Owings Mills, MD
5) Maple Valley, WA

5 jobs that I have had:
1) Gardening help for my parents' neighbors
2) Realtor for Century 21
3) Piano teacher
4) Research assistant at UMD Medical School
5) Full-time mom of 3 crazy little boys!

5 Things people don't know about me:
1) I can guide a whitewater rafting boat
2) I was the first person from my middle school to go to the state math competition
3) I played the alto sax in the jazz band and took private lessons for years
4) I have never had a manicure (and only had a pedicure once because my friends gave me a coupon for my baby shower!)
5) I almost died of hypothermia when I was 13

Okay, now I guess I have to tag 3 people (and sorry if you've been tagged before, it seems like everyone has!)... Lisa Calderwood, Jodee Chapman, Emily Rehrer

8 comments:

KatieB said...

mostly i want to hear the hypothermia story...

Jodee said...

Thanks Marisa, I hope I don't dissapoint, yours was great! I totally didn't know ANY of those things in the last part. And I am with you on #3 in the billionare part, I have thought a lot about that same thing.

Carson Calderwood said...

Funny Jodee. We were talking last night about doing that with you guys.

Bennett Family said...

i would LOVE to come eat (and play) at your cafe!

i, too, want to hear more about the hypothermia. that's CRAZY!

AND...i would LOVE to be on a river boat w/you as a guide!

Leslie Behunin said...

I learned a lot of things I didn't know about you. That was fun and interesting. For what it's worth, I don't think you talk too much or listen too little! I read that and thought, "Huh?" You are a good listener!

emily said...

so the next post has to be on the hypothermia or you are going to have a few upset people to deal with. and... wasn't quite expecting to see my name on that list- but i'll put that down for things to do! so... the sax huh?? funny the things you learn!

Melissa said...

That was fun to read about you! You had told me about the sax awhile ago, but I forgot--I love that you played! I tagged you awhile ago--I just thought you didn't want to do it. And like Niki--I would love to play at your cafe!

sopranomompond said...

I'm pleased that I either knew each of these Marisa facts or they did not surprise me. But I have to admit that "billionaire #2" made me tear up! Can I help develop the menu at your cafe?
Mom