Friday, July 25, 2008

Summer Camp

Last week I spent 6 days with the ward's 14/15 year old guys on a summer camp. We spent the first three days in Capitol Forest and the last three at the beach near Westport. I took Trevor with me to not be without my entire family and to make things easier on Marisa since I was leaving for the week.


Most importantly we ate well!












We did some geocaching along with several other activites. This one was one we made ourselves.






We made a dam!



We were tired in the end...

7 comments:

Jodee said...

Fun, I bet Trey was loving that! Those crabs look really good! What did you put in your geo cash?

lucy said...

Were there any other leaders with you? Looks like you did a great job.

Carson Calderwood said...

Jodee - We made a "Moroni's Treasure" cache. We made a rock case, put inside a Book of Mormon and a notepad/pencil all inside a tupperware container.

Lucy - We had 1 other leader come each day so that we could have the required two leaders. It was a different one each day except the last two days was one person.

Ronda said...

I'm so glad you took pictures! Justyn had such a great time. Thank-you so much for taking them. I would love to see more of the photos.

Sam and Josh said...

Looks like fun and lot of good crab. Can't go wrong there.

Mr. Dizzle said...

That looks like a lot of fun for those boys. You should be commended. I remember going on those camps with you as a boy and loving them. Good job passing that along to the next generation.

Who’s the wuss with the tent trailer? Actually I love those things, the older you get, the more necessary those thing become.

Carson Calderwood said...

Unfortunately the tent trailer belongs to the campsite next to us.