Sunday, May 03, 2009

Recent Activities in Reverse Order

For whatever reason, blogger won't allow me to upload more pictures to this post, so I'll start with the end and work backward. Yesterday we visited the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival with our friends the Chapmans. First stop was the Roozengarde field, where I tried to keep the kids from trampling the flowers
Carried Caeden in strange positions because he had a rash hurting his bumAnd tried to get him down from the cool old school bus parked by the field

Please ignore my white trash hair, I didn't have time to blow dry it. Carson took beautiful and artistic photos of the lovely tulip fields




And a special bonus picture from last week:
Caeden was sleeping so I wasn't planning to pick Trey up from the bus stop (he is used to walking home by himself) and suddenly the heavens opened up and it started pouring rain and hailing intermittently. I looked at the clock and realized Trey was outside in the storm. I felt so badly for him that I ran to the car and drove down the street to get him. He waved to me and said "Isn't this awesome, Mom?" He wasn't sad to be caught in the rain at all! He was carrying his coat and letting the rain soak through his tee-shirt. He didn't even want to come inside when we got to the house, so I grabbed the camera and he played a little air guitar and danced around in the rain. What a crazy kid.









11 comments:

Russell said...

Awsome!!! The festival lokks cool, the pictures are awsome. I love the one with the barn (but then I love old barns). Trey in the street, all of it. In so many ways you guys live n a really cool place.

Carson Calderwood said...

I love the white trash hair, what are you talking about?!

Unknown said...

those pictures are beautiful of the tulips!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Oh, I want to go there! I love tulips! I guess I need to plan a trip to Seattle in the springtime.

Jodee said...

i'm with carson, what are you talking about? Your hair looked cute- as always! Thanks for going with us, it was a blast! I have some good pics I need to email you. Somehow Ronnie and Carson got a hold of my camera and there are some questionable shots of Carson and a Cobra...

Britt said...

Gorgeous pictures! Gorgeous kids! Gorgeous mom! I like your hair.

The Miners said...

Glad you guys made it up for the Festival. We did it two years ago and the kids really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun for anyone who enjoys taking photos too. The colors are amazing on days when the light is good. Great photos!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

I loved going to the tulip festival when we lived there. oh it makes me miss washington (just a little). great pictures!

lucy said...

loved the pictures and loved, loved the hair.

Unknown said...

such great pictures. wish we had something like that close by!

Ronnie said...

We need to swap pics.