Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Reptile Museum

So before we went to the tulip fields, we stopped at a reptile museum in Monroe, WA. It said it was open 365 days a year. Does anyone ever go on Christmas??? When we walked in it was hot (I guess reptiles are cold-blooded) and STINKY. They also have birthday parties there. I was happy to see later that they have cake & ice cream in a completely separate room.

Anyway, so this time blogger won't let me rearrange my pictures, so I'll have to tell my story out of order. They had several snakes that you could hold but Caeden didn't think that was such a good idea:

They had several strange animals, including a 2-headed turtle:
Caeden warmed up to the snake eventually...
Trey said the snake kept trying to get in his armpit:
And I couldn't resist this picture of Madison, she is such a doll! Trey and Beckham already fight over who's going to date her when they're teenagers. Seriously.
All the boys enjoyed petting the huge tortoises:
There was a crocodile AND an alligator:
And this turtle was older than my parents and had algae growing all over it:
Despite the stinkiness I would say it was a cute little place run by a nice family and if you're ever in the area (and your kids like that sort of thing) you should stop by.





4 comments:

Russell said...

Awsome! It is good to see the whole family out getting into the wildlife scene!

Vicki said...

I love the expressions on Caeden's face with the snake... so stinkin' cute.

Bennett Family said...

yikes...can't believe you touched that nasty snake. none for me thanks. :)

Ronnie said...

I like turtles.