Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend

We had a great memorial day weekend this year. My parents came to visit and we had a fun time running around the PNW. We took Trey out of school on Friday and went to the ocean on early that morning. We stayed in a hotel that night after a full day of crabbing and went to the rain forest on Saturday. We took it easy the rest of the weekend and enjoyed the perfect 72 degree weather.




We celebrated my dad's birthday. They boys acted like it was their birthday as well.




We also visited some of Risa's family in Shelton. The boys loved being able to run in the fields. I think if all boys could be a little more...boys, the cases of hyperactivity disorders would decrease dramatically.












crabbing got a little cold with the wind off the ocean.


7 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks like you all had fun. We love the ocean...nice you live close to it.

Bennett Family said...

crazy...your parents look SO YOUNG! i totally thought it was christian and camilla wright in the first photo. funny huh?!

Russell said...

Looks like it was a great weekend! I lost count on all of the candles on the birthday cake for Your dad. The forest looks really cool. I love forests like that! (really any forest)

Rachael said...

What a fun weekend! And I loved the picture in the tulip fields below a few, too. And one more thing... we totally drove by the reptile place in Monroe coming back from Leavenworth. And I thought, "this is it?!" But looks like it was cool! His show at the school was really neat, maybe it's worth stopping by with the kids. I might wait in the car, though. I'm not big on reptiles. :)

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I would love to go to the coast and see seals. One disadvantage of living in the desert - there aren't any oceans nearby.

Britt said...

beautiful scenery! where was that?

Carson Calderwood said...

Olympic Peninsula