Friday, June 06, 2008

Poor photography

I've said this before, but if there is one word to describe Trevor it would be CREATIVE. His creativity is usually the impetus for his bad behavior. We say don't do X, and he tries to think of a way to go as close to X as possible without it actually doing X. He knows he will get a punishment for doing so, but he always wants to try to come up with something. Sometimes we find creative outlets for his creativity like Classical Music Story Telling...

(poor example of Trevor's Lego creativity)

We have dance time frequently when I come home from work when we crank the techno and everybody dances around the house. To balance out this craziness I will turn on some classical music while in the car and make up a story that matches the music. Trevor loves this and does an amazing job of describing the feel of a song with a story. Hopefully this summer we can do more of this and less of the get as close to x as possible stuff!

Speaking of Trevor a crazy thing happened today. He has a friend at school that he has gotten closer to lately. He was invited to his house for a play date (I hate that phrase by the way). When I went to pick him up I went inside and the family was obviously LDS. Neither they nor us knew that fact about each other. For the second time (did the same thing last year in kindergarten) he gravitated towards the LDS kid in his class without knowing it. I asked him when he got back in the car if he knew this kid was LDS and he said no. He said that there is probably one more kid that is LDS in his class. I asked why and he said that he could tell by the way he looks, just like with this kid whose house he went to today. When probed as to what that look is he said that he can't describe it, it is more of a feeling when you are around them. Pretty cool, so I did my missionary duty and pointed out the source of that difference.

Here are some pix of the boys all at 17 months. Do you know what is so great about 17 months? 4 more weeks until nursery starts!
Caeden

Caeden

Caeden

Beckham

Beckham

Beckham

Trevor

Trevor

I've really been feeling like I need to increase my photo skills lately. As I did this post the pictures I had to choose from were pretty lousy. I had a hard time trying to find good pix of our boys at the same age. We've taken care of the quantity, but haven't quite succeeded at the quality. Marisa has more of a talent for that and she is taking a class on photography with some of her friends so hopefully that will change. This isn't fishing for people to say the pix are good, just a public apology. Our kids will be looking so cute, we grab the camera, take a shot and then ask why they suddenly aren't as cute....


7 comments:

Lettie B. said...

I also hate "play date."
Hooray for almost nursery! I just got called to be a leader in there, so we get to sneak Alexander in early.
We need some more Trevor drawings. I don't know about the rest of creative skill first hand, but I love his pictures he draws and especially the descriptions.

Bennett Family said...

very cool story about trey! he's a good kid.

Jodee said...

I love seeing the pictures of the boys at the same age. The best is the picture of "big belly Bex" with the swim noodle and then just below that, little skinny trey in that crappy red outfit. Oh goodness, did I just say that? Anyway, your boys are adorable no matter what photo skills you do or do not have!

Zappe Family said...

Caeden is almost in Nursery! Yikes! Those kiddos better watch out! :) That's very exciting...no more sitting in the back row for SS!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

We love legos at our house too. I am always amazed at the things they create too.

Sam and Josh said...

What a bunch of cute, handsome boys. They must get it from their parents.

Jared Behunin said...

Wow... is that Trevor... in a Ute shirt? Give me a second, the world just isn't the same now.