Saturday, June 21, 2008

What we've been up to...

Lotsa' pix w/ short explanations after them.

Trey ordered some Star Wars candy molds and made
some suckers for Father's Day and Uncle Spencer
on his mission.


We moved 8 more yards of top soil into the back yard
(bringing our grand total to 106 yards!) and moved 28
rocks (pix of those later) :-(

Marisa made me a great dinner for Father's Day - cheese cake
with huckleberry topping, corn on the cob, creamed peas and
potatoes and bul kogi (awesome Korean BBQ beef). It was all great!

The boys have officially started summer and are having fun
with their friends. Trey went on a late-over and the crafts
are happening all over the place.


Marisa, Trey and Bex ran a 5K. This time the boys
didn't run as far as last time (Bex ran at least half of
it last time!). Who runs with a coat on?


...crazy boys in Seattle I guess.


The boys have been racking up the scabs and bruises
with it being summer time. We took some pix and
this is only about half of them!










Photoclass at our house. Two guys starting to represent!

Another great thing about Father's day was that Marisa
took care of the house and let me just play with the
boys inside and outside in the perfect weather we had that day.



We've been eating on our patio a lot lately and
enjoying the view.



Bex enjoyed flying a kite in our back yard.

Caeden has been playing too hard.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I miss your cooking Marisa! You were always a champ at suckers too. Those molds are too cool. How funny did it feel to be pushing an empty double stroller in the race?

Ronnie said...

Love the kids running in coats. Not sure why, but that made me laugh out loud.

Nice to see the mountain really exists! Now if would only exist at the same time we are over, that would be cool

Lawn looking good!

Leslie Behunin said...

I loved this post! It looks like you guys are having a fun summer! I LOVE that the boys ran the 5K!

Jodee said...

Ok, we are having Calderwood withdrawls, it's been at least a few weeks; that's just not like us! I love the sucker molds! You can tell Trey that my nick name used to be Yoda when I played soccer, maybe he can figure out why, I never could!

Anonymous said...

There is a song from the movie Grease about Summer fun. I think that would go good with this blog. I think you all look like you are having a lot of fun. Keep the pictures coming.
Love
Mom

galbraith's said...

LOVE the suckers! and what a yummy looking cheese cake!

Stephanie EchoHawk said...

looks like you guys are having a fun summer, love to see pics of your family!! steph

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

oh, you have to love summer. looks like almost all kids get bumped and bruised a lot more when the weather is a little nicer. your yard is looking really good. i miss the green grass in the summertime in washington. we get brown yards here in texas since we are in a drought and can only water our lawns 1 time a week:(

Anonymous said...

Did Trey learn to run with his coat on because of his Dad? No need to answer, we all know he did.

BTW, not that I'm the boss of this blog, but let me act like I am for just a moment with some advice from my point of view. Get rid of the transparency on the pictures with that busy background. The background is fine, but as I scroll the picture across it they are translucent and I have a tough time looking at all the sweet shots of the Calderwood crew.

Carson Calderwood said...

How's that cracka'? Thanks for the motivating comment. I have been wanting to do that for a couple weeks, but never got around to it.

Cody Calderwood said...

Woo Hoo! You fixed the transparency issue! It looks so much better. I've been wanting to mention that for a long time, but figured it was your blog and your decision. Much less distracting now, so nice.

Melain said...

That IS some view! So nice that you're sharing it tomorrow night. :)

and ps... There HAD to be a better place for those sucker sticks. LOL!