Tuesday, October 09, 2007

You won't believe it


Last night I got an email from my landlord. He said make sure you are sitting down and don't fall out of your chair before reading on. After over a year of waiting he finally got a permit from the city to start construction on my office! The delays and promises from the city that it wouldn't be too much longer got so frequent and caused us to cry wolf so much that people probably stopped believing me that I was actually going to open an office. Reasons why have been submitted by me, landlord, city, and people in construction/the city around Snoqualmie Ridge where my office will go:
  • building is so nice that it had many things to approve
  • the city planning department tries to slow down all the yuppie growth going in
  • the city planning department and one of the landlords have a power struggle going on
  • the city is so overwhelmed with new construction as the fastest growing city in King County that it can't handle the permits in a timely manner.
I don't know the exact reason why, but am glad to be done with the wait. This is the picture of the back of my building that will face the main street of the city. I will be on the second floor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response to "the city planning department tries to slow down all the yuppie growth going in". From that I deduce that you are a yuppy, the city sensed this and therefore put the brakes on to stop you from going in. Does that sound about right? You do drive a jeep and VW afterall. This is one more reason why you need a truck. They would have had your plans approved in the first 24 hours had you pulled up in a powerstroke. "Look at the fine gentleman. Anyone that drives a truck is fit for our city!"

Carson Calderwood said...

No when I say yuppie I mean BMW, Mercedes and even a couple Lambo's. My Jeep makes me look very hick up there. Yuppiness is all relative to what state you are in. Compare a Manhattan, NY yuppie and a Laramie, WY yuppie for example.

=)

Jodee said...

Hip Hip Hooray!

Ronnie said...

Finally! The plaque build up on my teeth has been overwhelming. To think that my wait is almost over causes me to shed tears of joy.

Unknown said...

congrats! the dentist i worked for just moved into his office the first of the month, haven't been yet but i do know the building was a woppin 1.5 million- with new equipment and etc. happy times!