Monday, February 05, 2007

Caeden's blessing

This past Sunday we blessed Caeden in our home ward. Everything went well and we felt the spirit strongly. I will post some pictures of him in his outfit soon. It was the same one we blessed the other two boys in. He was in a blanket his Grandma Calderwood made and the outfit was made by his Grandma Pond with leftover material from Marisa's wedding dress.

He is only a few days away from one month and the two major problems we have had with the other boys still have not occurred...crying and spitting up. We have been cautious and tried not to get our hopes up, but at this point we are letting our fingers uncross and our hopes rise. Both Trevor and Beckham were big spitter-uppers by now and did a lot of crying. Caeden seriously never cries unless he is hungry. Even that cry is only for a second to let us know then he waits a couple minutes before starting up again. When he is awake he just sits there and looks around. We still can't believe it. We have friends who had babies like this, but we just figured out genes wouldn't allow it. Each baby has gotten easier. If this trend keeps up we'll never stop! J/K, each pregnancy has gotten harder, but I think it has been a fair trade (especially for me), 9 months versus 18 years...

1 comment:

Jodee said...

I am glad to hear he is a peaceful baby! I am sure Heavenly Father knows that with 2 other silly boys you need a little peace right? Oh, and the idiosyncrasies, you got tagged Carson, it's your turn! Really, it wasn't all that hard, for me at least. I think I have too many of those things. Ronnie was more than happy to point a few out to me too! It was sort of like free therapy!