Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nature vs. Nuture

Marisa and I were both biology majors at BYU. One of the arguments you come across is nature vs nurture, meaning is something the way it is (especially human characteristics) because of how you were raised or because of your genetic makeup. It is hard to separate the two because you are usually raised by the people that gave you your genes. Last night Trevor gave us a definitive answer to this dilemma.


I was watching tv and Trey will usually go into the toy room and watch cartoons rather than watch tv with us. Last night I was flicking through the channels and he came in to ask me what I was watching. I told him nothing yet as I kept on going. I came to CMT and the "Trick My Truck" show. He said that he wanted to watch this. I have seen this show a couple time and think it is actually filmed North of Seattle, but am not a regular viewer by any means. I thought this would be a good bonding time since he never wants to watch tv together so I watched it with him. He loved it! He said that we should call them and see if they have a truck we can buy and do that to. After this and his monster truck exhaust pipe and tire selections drawing we can see he has a big interest in this and it goes to prove that genes are stronger than parental influence!

No comments: