Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Computer Geek

I came out of the closet a couple of years ago...no, not that closet, but the computer geek closet. My favorite two companies are Google and Yahoo because they offer so many things for free that many people pay for. I used Google desktop before similar items ever existed in Mac OS10 or Vista. I love the my.yahoo.com page to customize what I see every time I get on the web. Anyway, I learned a new thing today that I thought I would pass on.

You can use google for a lot more than just a search engine. You can use it as a dictionary. If you want to know what the word cathartic meant you type the following "define: cathartic" and get a lits of definitions. The new function I learned about is using google as a unit measurement converter. For example, if you want to know how many kilograms are in 3 pounds you type the following, "3 pounds, in kilograms" and you get an answer. I use that a lot for weight converting w/ perscriptions. Go here for more freebies.

No comments: